Monday, July 16, 2012

Host Family Weekend!

This weekend was so much fun! On saturday our wonderful host parents let us sleep in to catch up on our sleep. Man did that feel good. After we woke up we got ready and we went shopping, I don't really like to shop but I loved going to the mall and seeing what it was like. It was very nice I might add! That night Marguerite and I went to the movies, we went and saw Ted. For those of you that know what it is about, I did not think it was as good as they said it was. A grown man with a talking teddy bear I probably should have thought more about it before I went. But it was a fun night and we had a blast just hanging out by ourselves.

That night when we got home and sat on the couch we watched movies and just talked. We then got on the computers and talked to our friends on Facebook. This was very fun, because we got a chance to learn more about one another's friends. The next day "today" we left at 10 to go to Vail here in Colorado. Wow...


On the road to vail






Through the car window!






Colorado is a truly amazing place. These mountains are awe inspiring. When I look at them I know there has to be something more in this world. I cannot believe there are creations like these in the world. Most of my mountain pictures were taken through the car window on our way there. I thought they turned out pretty well! The trip there took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. It was pretty easy but when we first started out I started feeling the elevation and my body took it pretty hard. I felt really dizzy and had a headache, after awhile it adjusted and I felt a lot better. When we got to Vail it was amazing, there was a whole town just stuck into the mountains. 



Chris and I 



We had a nice walk around the village for a long time, we took so many pictures and joked around a lot. Chris, my host mom always knows how and when to crack a joke, we never get bored with her. We ate at a little German restaurant on the side of one of the streets. I had something called Chicken in a Pot it was pretty much broth with chicken, vegetables, and matzo balls in it. It was pretty good it had a nice flavor! We brought their dog Maddie with us so we had to sit outside while eating! The weather was amazing though so it was a perfect day to visit Vail!



Chris and Marguerite acting weird!





Vail is very beautiful, I can understand why people love going there. I have always wanted to go to be able to say I have been to Vail and now I finally have! This is going to be a trip of a lot of firsts for me! I cannot wait! Chris and Marguerite are hilarious. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate we keep each other entertained all the time! You can see that in the picture here where she looks like she is in pain. We love to make faces, we get along very well. She has taught me how to say one through ten in French. I am not good at all though haha! :) oh well I tried!





Mountainside 
On our way home we ran into some traffic. By traffic I mean our trip that was supposed to take 1 hour and 45 minutes took 4 hours and 15 minutes! I feel so bad for my host dad Chad who had to do all the driving while the girls slept! We lasted about one hour and then we all crashed, even though we didn't have a long day we were all tired. It was an amazing day and I saw some of the most beautiful sights of my life. What an amazing way to end my weekend! We even had homemade lasagna for dinner! Week number two here you come. I am ready for it! another long week but it will be another great one! Have a great week everyone!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment