Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Day!

Up With People Cast B 2012

Today I arrived in Denver, Colorado at about 12:00 in the afternoon. I was met by a staff member holding up an Up With People sign. They told me where to meet everyone so I went and got my luggage and found the group. I was so nervous to talk to everyone because they had all been there for awhile before me. But as usual 'Up With People' style I was brought into the group very quickly and made friends easily. After chatting for awhile at the airport we had to take a bus to our daily meeting spot where we will be staging everyday.

When we arrived we all got to sit around and chat with each other. Making friends and talking to people was easy. We played different (sometimes awkward) games and got to know one another. I was on the first bus that arrived at the school, so we had the whole day to hang out and wait for the others to come. By the end of the day about 3 buses made drop offs. Around 8 o'clock that night we all moved into a music room while our host families started arriving. We were told about expectations for us and what to expect for the next few days.

Then we finally got to meet our host families. I have a roommate Marguerite from Belgium who is very sweet. We live with two host parents Chad and Chris. They are so sweet and take great care of us. They made us feel comfortable immediately. They have 3 dogs and 4 cats, so I'm in heaven right now! I couldn't have asked for a better family and better pets! :) It helps me so that I am not so homesick. Although I do miss my family tons!!

The only bad thing about yesterday is that I found out I left my iPad on the plane. I was so sad and embarrassed that I lost it. But good news my WONDERFUL father tracked it down for me and my awesome host dad brought me 35 minutes to the airport to get it back. I just love my family!

Everything is going right, and I am so excited to really get into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment