Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Modules!

Today was module day... We went through a series of modules to see where we excelled and where we struggled. There were 5 different ones we went through: tech, dance, costumes, speaking, and vocals. the whole cast was split into groups of smaller groups of people. My group was all girls and there were ten of us! :) In each of these modules we did various things.

In tech we were taught about our stage and saw how much work goes into making the show come to life. We learned about the lights and sound, both of which I don't understand at all... guess I won't be a tech girl. In dance we learned different steps and had to repeat them. We learned a little bit of choreography and also had to show them that we were capable of the moves. I really enjoyed it, but this Colorado elevation is killer, I definitely struggled with stamina for awhile. Costumes was basically where we put on our full show costume and they told us if they approved of them or not, or if they wanted us to add something to our costumes. I was lucky enough to have had my entire outfit accepted! THANK YOU MOM!!! (she did all the shopping, I couldn't do it without her!) In speaking we pretty much got to talk for a whole 50 minutes! I LOVE to talk just so you know, but I was a little nervous for this. I think it was mainly because we had to go to vocals after. But we had to project our voices and read some different stuff. Sooo... what can I say about the vocal module... scariest moment of my life.. haha. Kidding but I was really scared. We had to first sing as a group then we each had to sing individually. If you don't know me very well you need to know that I REALLY can rock it out in my car with the radio. But I'm not a technically trained singer. Once I finally got through the hardest part my day flew by!

I loved every part of the day, the good and the bad, the easy and hard, the exciting and boring. Even though it was tough it was Up With People at it's best, preparing for the future and making everyone feel good about themselves no matter what. I AM SO EXCITED FOR STAGING!!!

GET READY FOR THE NEW SHOW EVERYONE! Cast B 2012 is going to SHINE!

VOICES!


No comments:

Post a Comment